· Assists in the preparation and updating of the Housekeeping Departmental Operations Manual.
· Conducts regular communications meetings, ensuring that departmental briefings and meetings are effective carried out.
· Reads and updates the Communications Log Books.
· Prepares monthly activity reports.
· Coordinates and maintains equipment maintenance reports and records.
· Ensures Housekeeping Team Leaders and Attendants deliver the brand promise and provide exceptional guest service at all times.
· Ensures Housekeeping Team Leaders and Attendants also provide excellent service to internal customers as appropriate.
· Handles all guest and internal customer complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, following through to make sure problems are resolved satisfactorily.
· Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
· Assists the Executive Housekeeper to maximise associate productivity through the use of multi-skilling, multi-tasking and flexible scheduling to meet the financial goals of the business as well as the expectations of the guests.
· Assists Executive Housekeeper to ensure that Housekeeping operates with the lowest possible cost structure while also delivering on the brand promise to the guest, proactively managing costs based on key performance indicators.
· Ensures all relevant hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to financial record keeping are adhered to, including the timely and accurate reporting of financial information.
· Ensure all machinery in good condition.
· Sorts out items difference in order for pressing.
· Pressing accordingly follow the hotel brand standard.
· Ensure all pressing item is clean.
· Any uniform fall on the floor to be rewash on the sport.
· All stained to been spotted before process.
· Ensure all trolleys been clean and arrange in order before off duty.
· Ensure the conveyor belt is on working.
· Ensure weighing scale is in working order
· Sorts soiled linens (sheets, duvets and pillow case) according to colours.
· Ensure that all soiled linen are filled in to trolleys in loose forms.
· Ensure that each filled trolleys is weighed 250lbs.
· Ensure washers are alerted on weight of trolleys with less than the standard weight of 250lbs.
· Ensure wet/dram soiled linen are separated from dry ones.
· Supplies soiled linens according to washer’s requirements.
· Ensure all empty trolley are stacked neatly after day’s work.
· Ensure surrounding areas are kept clean and clear of obstruction at all times.
· Checks for foreign objects in Milnor washing machine drum.
· Ensure washing machine is not overloaded when washing soil linens.
· Ensure there are sufficient chemical supplies for the day.
· Ensure chemicals are pumped into washing machine during washing.
· Applies correct formula in washing the different soil linens.
· Sort and loosens soil tablecloth into light and dark colour for separate washing.
· Washes all soiled linen according to their priority.
· Records all washed linens are in loose forms.
· Separates duvet cases from single sheets after washing.
· Sends washed linens (towels) to dry.
· Ensure all washed linens do not drop on floors.
· Ensure maximum productivity level of wash is achieved all the time.
· Hand over item found in the linens and sorting areas immediately to manager.
· Report to manager of any malfunction of equipment.
· Communicates on a daily basis operational matters with peers and manager.
· Ensure high standard of personal presentation, grooming and hygiene.
· Exercises responsible behaviour at all time and positively representing the hotel.
· Responds to changes in the laundry function as dictated by the industry, company and hotel.
· Understand and strictly adheres to Rules and Regulation established in the associate handbook and hotel’s policies concerning fire, hygiene, health and safety.
· Attends training session and meeting as and when required.
· Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Other standard responsibilities
· Complies to the company policies.
· Works within all pre-set budgetary limits.
· Takes on other tasks in addition of the ones stated, in a reasonable framework.
· Develops and updates policies and manuals, as related to the division/department, for implementation in the field, while ensuring compliance to the same for consistency across the group.
· Actively participates in and leads recruitment and talent development for the division/department, to meet both current and future needs
· Is a “brand ambassador” always and ensures brand integrity and clarity are always maintained.
Models the company’s culture, vision, mission and core values at all times
Required Skills –
· Familiar with the policy and procedure of Housekeeping
· Familiar with each kind of room type and hotel service facilities.
· Familiar with each kind of service type in Housekeeping department and daily activities arrangement.
· Grasp the function of all equipment in Housekeeping department and capability of cleanser.
· Arrange assignment properly based on number of daily guest arrival.
· Proven or demonstrated management abilities, taking initiative, leadership, problem solving, decision making, prioritizing, delegating, training and developing subordinates, producing results, (results-oriented), goal setting.
· College degree (hotel school, university and/or equivalent) preferred.
· Housekeeping Supervisor (minimum 2 years)