▪ Manage and oversee the kitchen operation in collaboration with the Executive Chef.
▪ Assist the Executive Chef in developing recipes, designing menus, and developing kitchen policies and procedures.
▪ Examine the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met and that they are stored in the proper location and temperature.
▪ Maintain proper product rotation in chillers, freezers, and cold rooms to reduce wastage/spoilage.
▪ Check meal bookings/event orders and setup, and place food orders as needed.
▪ Prepare and cook food in accordance with recipes, quality, and presentation standards.
▪ Control market list and make purchase request in collaboration with Purchasing manager.
▪ Examine the quality and quantity of the products received to ensure that they meet the required specifications and price.
▪ Personal inspection and preventative maintenance programs should be used to keep all equipment clean and in good working order.
▪ Ensure that hygiene standards are met throughout the kitchen and storage area, and that operating equipment is well-maintained to maximize usage and minimize breakage.
▪ Maintain a monthly inventory of utensils, equipment, and food items.
▪ Ensure that the kitchen team understands food safety and hygiene and that they are fully compliant with local regulations and international standards (HACCP).
▪ Encourage and foster team members' mutual trust, respect, and cooperation.
▪ Identify staff members' training and development needs and provide training, coaching, mentoring, or assistance in improving their knowledge or skills